Board logo

標題: oakley watches prices "What was he doing [打印本頁]

作者: upeulrvt98    時間: 2017-4-19 10:38     標題: oakley watches prices "What was he doing

Writing while injured is a curious thing. And there were leftovers since I was the only one eating and I'm not running. keep it easy,omega seamaster 300 vintage, As you plan your run routes,sliver f oakley, Saturday, So . was this some sort of bizarre death wish on my part I honestly don't know What I do know is that it'd been a very long time since a race scared me like this And I liked that feeling So I signed upApril 2011 saw the 26th running of the MDS Frenchman Patrick Bauer founded the race and still acts as its race director After surveying the southern Sahara months in advance Bauer and his team change the course slightly each year It's always around 150 miles but they add new and diabolical wrinkles such as steep boulder-strewn hill climbs and sections with dunes so tall and permanent they have names Nearly a thousand runners take up the challenge each year from around the globe This year 44 countries were represented with the largest numbers coming from France Great Britain Italy and Spain Twenty-four entered from the USWith the Moroccan city of Ouarzazate ("or-zuh-ZOT") as the race's staging point a $3500 entry fee gets you: a several-hour bus ride from Ouarzazate to the start of the race somewhere in the desert; extremely competent care from a large mobile medical team; shelter each night in a small village of eight-person tents collectively called the bivouac (tents are pitched for you and numbered and you use the same one each night); an endless supply of bottled water; and lodging at a hotel in Ouarzazate before and after the race You supply everything else--sleeping bag freeze-dried food (it's lighter) and all other camping suppliesRace mornings begin at dawn when young Moroccans employed by the MDS sweep through and unceremoniously break down the canvas tents while you're still blinking away sleep (such as it is on the hard ground) They leave the Persian rug "floor" down a while longer thank goodness But by 7 they take that too leaving you and your tent-mates looking around like scruffy disoriented prairie dogsEvery day follows this general sequence: After a usually fitful sleep you put on your ever-grungier running clothes (backup threads add precious weight so most runners just bring one set) stagger out into the desert to relieve yourself grab a breakfast of energy bars or freeze-dried oatmeal pack up your gear head for the mass start receive the day's instructions and updates on how many runners dropped out the day before (depressing yet strangely cheering at the same time unless you were one of them) then start on your way--walking some running when the heat and terrain allow and generally just keeping it going step by step--through some of the most spectacular yet unforgiving landscape on earthWithin that general pattern each day has its high points and low points
Sunday April 3 STAGE 1: 33K/205 MILES No matter what I do--deep breathing quiet sitting several minutes of yoga poses for chris-sakes--I can't calm my anxiety down enough to continue Quite pathetically on day one in the middle of an endless dune field in the middle of the Sahara in the middle of today's 20-mile stage in 115-degree heat I'm having a full-on anxiety attack I don't want to start walking until I get my heart rate lower In this heat that could be dangerous I've had panic attacks two or three times before in my life during periods of stress but never in extreme weather conditions Plus the dunes up ahead are massive and have scary names like Erg Chebbi and Erg Znaigui Ten minutes go by Fifteen Twenty Racers keep passing me asking if I'm OK I check my pulse again Is it slightly lower I think it is I try walking After a few minutes I start to feel better and more in control mentally Soon the first flicker of confidence returns It occurs to me that I have just hit--and overcome--what will surely (hopefully) be the low point of the race At least I got it out of the way early I finish the rest of the stage without mishap That night and every night thereafter the race sets up an email tent with 15 laptops so competitors can send out their one allowed email to a single recipient (I send mine to my wife Diane who forwards it to friends and family) When I write my first email this night I'm feeling elated from getting through my "episode" in the dunes and finishing the stage I tell my wife I'm the last person in my tent to show up--and don't care one bit Later my freeze-dried lasagna tastes four-star After a quick shake-out for scorpions (a racer was sent home because of a bite last year) I crawl into my sleeping bag for the night One day down six to go Monday April 4 STAGE 2: 38K/236 MILES I can tell the weather is going to be bad even before daybreak as the wind howls through the tent most of the night Pulling my head turtle-like into m

歡迎光臨 PAD Tutorial Class - 智龍迷城補習社 (http://ptc.freebbs.tw/) Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0